Melrose Organic Clean Green Barley Grass is made from the powdered dehydrated leaves of organically grown young barley plants (Hordeum vulgare). Only the top 10 centimetres of the grass that contains the highest nutrient content are harvested. After low-temperature warm air drying, the grass is powdered in a special air mill at room temperature.
- Concentrated source of vegetable greens, including Chlorophyll (natural cleansing of the blood and support to the immune system) and Beta Carotene (precursor of Vitamin A).
- Barley grass powder is classified as alkaline foods that help keep the body from losing bone calcium.
- Contains significant levels of anti-oxidants.
- A valuable source of folates and folic acid.
- Contains significant levels of Omega-3 alpha-linolenic fatty acid (ALA).
1 Teaspoon in juice or water daily.
Product of USA